Perform like Nobody's Watching
Acting is about telling a story, expressing a point of view and embracing a character. Acting Lessons will help you build confidence, improve expression, tone, range, clarity, projection, stance, story telling, stage presence and body language. Learn to create fun and believable characters, write creative stories and access your feelings.
With Performance Sensei, Carolyn Thompson
Carolyn Thompson was born shortly after her mother and 2 older brothers immigrated to Toronto, ON, Canada from Jamaica. As the youngest and only girl Carolyn was highly influenced by...
Currently Accepting New Students
Perfect for social skills, auditions, speeches, expression and storytelling.
- In Person
- Private one-on-one Lessons and Group Classes
- Beginner or Advanced
- Limited Spots Available
Acting Package Options
Info and Descriptions
NEW STUDENTS: Be ready to perform!
What to prepare for your very first session:
A 3-5 min monologue
Important to know:
- Bring your script/monologue
- Please pick something you know or you're already working on. Keep it simple!
- Presenters, Speakers and Actors I suggest you have your script memorized but its not mandatory
- This is NOT AN AUDITION.
- NO YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION to record entire session
What to bring for every session:
- Pen and note pad
- Personal recorder/cell phone to record specific exercises
Benefits of Acting Lessons
- Learn to perform
- Improve tone, range clarity projection, stance, stage presence and body language
- Practice scripts
- Exercise your imagination
- Embrace new characters
- Overcome stage fright
- Have fun
- ...and much more
The 5 Vocal Elements are: Slow down (staccato/robot) Open mouth (wide/big) Consonants (emphasize/exaggerate/punch) Smile (teeth/wide/big) Listen (close your eyes/checklist) Proper posture is always important. Chin level with the floor and hands by your side. Relax your shoulders, hands and face....
General Rules and etiquette
- If you arrive early, please help minimize interruptions. WAIT QUIETLY and patiently (Like a Ninja!), outside or downstairs in the waiting area, until your designated appointment time.
- Students who are parents, to minimize distractions, please do not bring your child/children/toddler(s) into our session. - If you cannot find a babysitter, please reschedule.
- Kindly ask friends or family to wait quietly in the waiting area. ABSOLUTELY NO SPECTATORS!
- Upon the first visit students who are children, 17 and under, must be accompanied by a legal guardian. We can all sit down and chat for a few minutes and once your child is comfortable to proceed with the lesson you may wait quietly In the waiting area. If you leave the building please return on time. If your child is not comfortable then you may stay but please keep in mind that one-on-one lessons with children are significantly more effective without distractions.
- Find a private, quiet, secluded space with good lighting where you can sit as well as stand
- Keep webcam in one place, do not hold laptop, iPad etc in your hands.
- Please test your webcam, sound and mic prior to session.
- Upon the first visit, students who are children 17 and under must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Students who are parents please, do not bring your child/children/toddler(s). Ask other people in your household/work not to disturb you, in order to avoid interruptions and distractions.
- NO SPECTATORS on or off camera or the session is over and you will lose session.
Acting Lessons FeesPrivate one-on-one
In-Person at the VE Studio OR online via webcam
Price per student + 13% HST
1x 45min introductory session
1x 45min single session
1x 90min double session
3x 45min sessions in 4 weeks
5x 45min sessions in 6 weeks
7x 45min sessions in 8 weeks
10x 45min sessions in 12 weeks
15x 45min sessions in 17 weeks
- Pop Life CTV
I was a part of the panel on an episode of Pop Life CTV that aired yesterday discussing stage fright! With talented #singers Kiesza and …
- Word Speak – Register Today!
Every Tuesday, beginning January 8, “Word Speak” is a Spoken Word/Public Speaking Workshop where students (teens and adults 13+) learn easy techniques to defeat performance …
- Master Class+ – Register Today!
The Master Class Plus+ is a new and improved singing workshop! Student performers will learn to sing songs while accompanied by a professional musician (ie …
- Carolyn discusses Stage Fright @ TED Talks
When I was invited to speak at TEDx Milton I nearly passed out from shear joy! …then reality set in. I was nervous. In fact …