Think of the Fun You'll Make!
New schedule to be announced
Acting up! is a fun and exciting improv class for grown ups! Leave your work brain behind and let your creative energy flow! This workshop is designed to be a safe space for you to build your confidence and conquer stage fright with joyful play while learning to be as big and bold as your imaginative mind desires. Work in an active and creative space, explore character development, develop storytelling skills, and get out of your comfort zone.
Featured Instructor/Improv Sensei, Velvet Wells
With decades of experience, Velvet is well regarded as a professional improvisational and stand-up comedian, actor, and singer. In addition to touring his critically acclaimed solo Fringe production Personal Demon...
5 week Workshop - $150 each Wednesday January 15 @ 6pm (1hr) Wednesday January 22 @ 6pm (1hr) Wednesday January 29 @ 6pm (1hr) Wednesday February 5 @ 6pm (1hr) Wednesday February 12 @ 6pm (1hr) Early Bird Registration - $125 each
(ends Wed Jan 1, 2020 at midnight) or 1x 60min drop-in/pay-as-you-go $35 each
- This class is for Adults 18+
- Limited Spots available!
Do I need any experience? Nope.
Do I have to be perfect? Heck no!
Ready to Sign Up?
- Schedule online
- Check email for invoice and appointment confirmation
- Send payment
- Pay online via e-Transfer (aka email money transfer) to firstname.lastname@example.org or credit card
- IMPORTANT!!! Read confirmation email for instructions
- Your spot will be held once payment is made.
- See you there!
Due to the number of attendees, payments can no longer accepted at the door.
Payments are non- refundable, nontransferable and non-negotiable.
Btw ...You may schedule private one-on-one acting lessons to work on your acting skills.
How to prep for Acting Up:
- Quite simply, be teachable!
- Bring a positive attitude and willingness to learn!
What to Bring?
- Wear comfy clothes that you can move around in
- Good sense of humour
- An Open Mind
- Your imagination 😉
Benefits of Improv:
- Overcome stage fright
- Create stories and characters
- Learn to think on your feet
- Improve improvisation skills
- Build Confidence
- Step out of your comfort zone
- Improve social skills
- Have fun
You may schedule private one-on-one acting lessons to work on your monologues and character development
General Rules and etiquette:
- Please read the emailed Vocal Euphoria Appointment confirmation and reminders for rules, instructions and directions.
- Be courteous and on time. Arrive 15 min prior to workshop.
- The front doors are always locked but someone will come and let you in.
- No guests please. If you want to bring someone, they must pay the workshop fee or wait outside.
- See Terms for more info
While we are working creatively, and often off spur of the moment, this workshop will be a safe space. Harassment (not limited to physical, mental, sexual harassment) and hate speech (e.g., racism, homophobia, misogyny) will NOT be tolerated.
Acting Up FeesGroup Workshop at the VE Studio
For Adults 18+
Price per student
5x 60min sessions
Deadline - 1 week prior
5x 60min sessions
1x 60min pay-as-you-go session
- Pop Life CTV
I was a part of the panel on an episode of Pop Life CTV that aired yesterday discussing stage fright! With talented #singers Kiesza and …
- Word Speak – Register Today!
Every Tuesday, beginning January 8, “Word Speak” is a Spoken Word/Public Speaking Workshop where students (teens and adults 13+) learn easy techniques to defeat performance …
- Master Class+ – Register Today!
The Master Class Plus+ is a new and improved singing workshop! Student performers will learn to sing songs while accompanied by a professional musician (ie …