Speak Like Nobody’s Watching
Private one-on-one Public Speaking for kids, teens or adults, is about telling your story, explaining a point of view, describing a moment in time and delivering a message in front of an audience. My public speaking lessons help improve your tone, range, clarity, and projection as well as stance, stage presence and body language. Whether you are Beginner or Pro, I get you out of your own way, find your true voice, help you conquer stage fright and show you how to deliver a great speech! Don't let fear get in the way of your goals! My lessons are simple and I promise you, if you follow my instructions, you will see and hear fast results! I teach public speaking lessons, all levels of experience, private, one-on-one, in person, online via webcam and group workshops.
With Vocal Sensei, Carolyn Thompson
Carolyn Thompson was born shortly after her mother and 2 older brothers immigrated to Toronto, ON, Canada from Jamaica. As the youngest and only girl Carolyn was highly influenced by her family’s eclectic taste in music, ranging from her mother’s love of roots reggae and calypso to her oldest brothers’ fascination with 80’s rock, including Supertramp, Genesis and Rush. Young and impressionable,...
Currently Accepting New Students
Perfect for meetings, auditions, speeches, recordings and presentations.
- One-on-one Private Lessons
- In Person or via Webcam
- Beginner or advanced
- Limited Spots Available
Public Speaking Package Options
Info and Descriptions
NEW STUDENTS: Be ready to present!
What to prepare for your very first session:
A 3-5 min speech, presentation, elevator pitch or monologue.
Important to know:
- Bring your notes, script, or presentation
- Please pick something you know or you're already working on. Keep it simple!
- Presenters, Speakers and Actors I suggest you have your script memorized but its not mandatory
- This is NOT AN AUDITION. I just want to hear your voice.
- NO YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION to record entire sessions
What to bring for every session:
- Pen and note pad
- Personal recorder/cell phone to record specific exercises
Benefits of Public Speaking Lessons
- Learn to present
- Improve tone, range clarity projection, stance, stage presence and body language
- Practice speech
- Exercise improvisation
- Embrace storytelling
- Overcome stage fright
- Have fun
- ...and much more
The 5 Vocal Elements are: Slow down (staccato/robot) Open mouth (wide/big) Consonants (emphasize/exaggerate/punch) Smile (teeth/wide/big) Listen (close your eyes/checklist) Proper posture is always important. Chin level with the floor and hands by your side. Relax your shoulders, hands and face....
General Rules and etiquette
- If you arrive early, please help minimize interruptions. WAIT QUIETLY and patiently (Like a Ninja!), outside or downstairs in the waiting area, until your designated appointment time.
- Students who are parents, to minimize distractions, please do not bring your child/children/toddler(s) into our session. - If you cannot find a babysitter, please reschedule.
- Kindly ask friends or family to wait quietly in the waiting area. ABSOLUTELY NO SPECTATORS!
- Upon the first visit students who are children, 17 and under, must be accompanied by a legal guardian. We can all sit down and chat for a few minutes and once your child is comfortable to proceed with the lesson you may wait quietly In the waiting area. If you leave the building please return on time. If your child is not comfortable then you may stay but please keep in mind that one-on-one lessons with children are significantly more effective without distractions.
- Find a private, quiet, secluded space with good lighting where you can sit as well as stand
- Keep webcam in one place, do not hold laptop, iPad etc in your hands.
- Please test your webcam, sound and mic prior to session.
- Upon the first visit, students who are children 17 and under must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Students who are parents please, do not bring your child/children/toddler(s). Ask other people in your household/work not to disturb you, in order to avoid interruptions and distractions.
- NO SPECTATORS on or off camera or the session is over and you will lose session.
Public Speaking Lessons FeesPrivate one-on-one
In-Person at the VE Studio OR online via webcam
Price per student + 13% HST
1x 45min introductory session
1x 45min single session
1x 90min double session
3x 45min sessions in 4 weeks
5x 45min sessions in 6 weeks
7x 45min sessions in 8 weeks
10x 45min sessions in 12 weeks
15x 45min sessions in 17 weeks
- Pop Life CTV
I was a part of the panel on an episode of Pop Life CTV that aired yesterday discussing stage fright! With talented #singers Kiesza and …
- Word Speak – Register Today!
Every Tuesday, beginning January 8, “Word Speak” is a Spoken Word/Public Speaking Workshop where students (teens and adults 13+) learn easy techniques to defeat performance …
- Master Class+ – Register Today!
The Master Class Plus+ is a new and improved singing workshop! Student performers will learn to sing songs while accompanied by a professional musician (ie …
- Carolyn discusses Stage Fright @ TED Talks
When I was invited to speak at TEDx Milton I nearly passed out from shear joy! …then reality set in. I was nervous. In fact …