Discover Your True Voice and Conquer Stage Fright
Registration is now OPEN!
For Beginner or Advanced Students
Spill the Tea is a public speaking workshop for nervous students who are sick of performance anxiety! Learn how to improve tone, range clarity, projection, poise, improvisation, eye-contact and so much more. It's perfect for speakers, spoken word artists, storytellers, actors, debaters, presenters, poets, and anyone else who wants to practice effective communication to speak confidently in front of a small or large audience. Each performer will receive constructive feedback, from Vocal Sensei, Carolyn Thompson, in a warm and friendly environment.
10:00am to 11:00am
Inside the VE Studio @ The Workaround
- per person
- per session
For a discounted rate, purchase a combo Group Workshop/Private Lesson Package
How to Register!
- Check your email for
- (a) your appointment confirmation and
- (b) your invoice
- IMPORTANT!!! Read appointment confirmation email for prep instructions!
- This class is for all ages
- Limited Spots available
- Guests $10 each
Do I need any experience? Nope.
Do I have to be perfect? Heck no
Everything you need to Master your Presentation
IMPORTANT PREP INSTRUCTIONS in 3 Steps!
- Spoken word
This can be something you wrote or something written by someone else
Every Saturday there's a NEW THEME!
- it can be a word in the speech or...
- the speech can be about the theme topic or...
- the theme reminds you of a speech or...
- the speech implies the theme
Be creative but keep it simple 🙂
Theme suggestions are always welcome!
The benefits of this Public Speaking workshop:
- Overcome stage fright
- Try out new techniques
- Learn from fellow students
- Perform in front of an audience
- Get feedback
- Improve your presentation skills
- Learn the art of public speaking
- Find out you're not the only one who is nervous
- Have fun
What to Bring?
- A good sense of humour
- Open Mind/Be teachable
- Listening skills
- Your voice
- A willingness to learn
Solo, Duo or Trio?
Now, if you want, you can connect with fellow students to present your speech as a team.
- If you want, you may book a private session to practice. If you purchase(d) a package of private one-on-one sessions then you may use one of those sessions toward your group session.
General Rules and etiquette:
- Please read the emailed Vocal Euphoria Appointment confirmation and reminders for rules, instructions and directions.
- Be courteous and on time. Arrive 15 min prior to workshop.
- The front doors are always locked but someone will come and let you in.
- Student performers can bring family or friends as guests. $10 each
- See Terms for more info
You must be logged in to post a comment.