Discover Your True Voice and Conquer Stage Fright
2024 Registration is now OPEN!
Converse with Confidence!
Practice Public Speaking!
Spill the Tea is an engaging public speaking practice class designed for students grappling with performance anxiety. This class focuses on enhancing vocal tone, range, clarity, and projection, while also fostering poise, improvisation skills, and eye-contact. It's an ideal platform for speakers, spoken word artists, storytellers, actors, debaters, presenters, and poets, or anyone aiming to sharpen their communication skills for confident speaking before any audience size. Participants will receive insightful, constructive feedback from the Vocal Sensei, Carolyn Thompson, in a nurturing and supportive setting.
2024 Winter/Spring Season
Tuesdays - January 9 to May 14
Kids: 4pm to 6pm - $360
Adults: 7pm to 9pm - $480
- per season
- per person
- Non-refundable, non-transferable, non-negotiable
Registration Deadline is Dec 30, 2023
How to Register!
- Check your email for
- (a) your appointment confirmation and
- (b) your invoice
- IMPORTANT!!! Read appointment confirmation email for prep instructions!
- Limited Spots available
- No Guests please. Kindly have family and friends wait outside.
Do I need any experience? Nope.
Do I have to be perfect? Heck no
Everything you need to Master your Presentation
IMPORTANT PREP INSTRUCTIONS in 3 Steps!
- Spoken word
This can be something you wrote or something written by someone else
Every Saturday there's a NEW THEME!
- it can be a word in the speech or...
- the speech can be about the theme topic or...
- the theme reminds you of a speech or...
- the speech implies the theme
Be creative but keep it simple 🙂
Theme suggestions are always welcome!
The benefits of this Public Speaking workshop:
- Overcome stage fright
- Try out new techniques
- Learn from fellow students
- Perform in front of an audience
- Get feedback
- Improve your presentation skills
- Learn the art of public speaking
- Find out you’re not the only one who is nervous
- Have fun
What to Bring?
- A good sense of humour
- Open Mind/Be teachable
- Listening skills
- Your voice
- A willingness to learn
Solo, Duo or Trio?
Now, if you want, you can connect with fellow students to present your speech as a team.
- If you want, you may book a private session to practice. If you purchase(d) a package of private one-on-one sessions then you may use one of those sessions toward your group session.
General Rules and etiquette:
- Please read the emailed Vocal Euphoria Appointment confirmation and reminders for rules, instructions and directions.
- Be courteous and on time. Arrive 15 min prior to workshop.
- The front doors are always locked but someone will come and let you in.
- Student performers can bring family or friends as guests. $10 each
- See Terms for more info