Sing Like Nobody's Watching
Belting out sweet tunes should feel amazing, hence the name "Vocal Euphoria"! My Singing Lessons, for teens and adults 13+, help improve your tone, range, clarity, projection and tuning as well as stance, stage presence and body language. Whether you are Beginner or Pro, I get you out of your own way, find your true voice, help you conquer stage fright and and show you how to really sing! Don't let fear get in the way of your goals! My lessons are simple and I promise you, if you follow my instructions, you will see and hear fast results! I teach singing lessons, any genre, all levels of experience, private, one-on-one, in person, online via webcam and group workshops.
With Vocal Sensei, Carolyn Thompson
Carolyn Thompson was born shortly after her mother and 2 older brothers immigrated to Toronto, ON, Canada from Jamaica. As the youngest and only girl Carolyn was highly influenced by her family’s eclectic taste in music, ranging from her mother’s love of roots reggae and calypso to her oldest brothers’ fascination with 80’s rock, including...
Currently Accepting New Students
Perfect for audition prep, recording sessions, choir solos and live performances.
- One-on-one Private Lessons
- In Person or via Webcam
- Beginner or advanced
- Limited Spots Available
Singing Package Options
Info and Descriptions
Sale Packages Rules:
- Packages must be prepaid in one payment.
- All sessions in a package must be scheduled before the booking deadline.
- If you cancel a session for any reason, a make up session must be scheduled before the booking deadline or you will lose that session, additional fees will apply.
- This scheduler will NOT allow you to reschedule package sessions outside of the package deadline.
- You may choose to book a single 45min session or a double 90min session session. You also have the option of scheduling 2 or 3 sessions per week.
- Be sure to leave at least one day between bookings to do homework and give your voice a chance to rest.
- All fees are non-negotiable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
See Terms for more information
NEW STUDENTS: Be ready to sing!
How to prepare for your very first session:
- Learn 2 songs that vary in tempo and/or genre
- Pick songs you already know and love. Keep it simple!
- You may sing acapella (no background music/just your voice) OR with musical accompaniment ie. guitar or instrumental/mp3/youtube karaoke track
- There should be no other voice on the the music track other then backup singers
- You may sing to a you tube karaoke track (send link)
- You may bring a guitar if you like
- YES you may read lyrics but I suggest you try to memorize both songs
- You are required to sing entire song, not just part of it
- This is NOT AN AUDITION. I just want to hear your voice
- NO YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION to record entire session
What to bring for every session:
- Pen and note pad
- Personal recorder/cell phone to record specific exercises
Benefits of Singing Lessons
- Learn to sing and perform
- Improve tone, range clarity projection tuning, stance, stage presence and body language
- Practice vocal warmups
- Exercise your voice
- Try new songs
- Overcome stage fright
- Have fun
- ...and much more
The 5 Vocal Elements are: Slow down (staccato/robot) Open mouth (wide/big) Consonants (emphasize/exaggerate/punch) Smile (teeth/wide/big) Listen (close your eyes/checklist) Proper posture is always important. Chin level with the floor and hands by your side. Relax your shoulders, hands and face....
General Rules and etiquette
- If you arrive early, please help minimize interruptions. WAIT QUIETLY and patiently (Like a Ninja!), outside or downstairs in the waiting area, until your designated appointment time.
- Students who are parents, to minimize distractions, please do not bring your child/children/toddler(s) into our session. - If you cannot find a babysitter, please reschedule.
- Kindly ask friends or family to wait quietly in the waiting area. ABSOLUTELY NO SPECTATORS!
- Upon the first visit students who are children, 17 and under, must be accompanied by a legal guardian. We can all sit down and chat for a few minutes and once your child is comfortable to proceed with the lesson you may wait quietly In the waiting area. If you leave the building please return on time. If your child is not comfortable then you may stay but please keep in mind that one-on-one lessons with children are significantly more effective without distractions.
- Find a private, quiet, secluded space with good lighting where you can sit as well as stand
- Keep webcam in one place, do not hold laptop, iPad etc in your hands.
- Please test your webcam, sound and mic prior to session.
- Upon the first visit, students who are children 17 and under must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Students who are parents please, do not bring your child/children/toddler(s). Ask other people in your household/work not to disturb you, in order to avoid interruptions and distractions.
- NO SPECTATORS on or off camera or the session is over and you will lose session.
Singing Lessons FeesPrivate one-on-one
In-Person at the VE Studio OR online via webcam
Price per student
1x 45min introductory session
1x 45min single session
1x 90min double session
3x 45min sessions in 4 weeks
5x 45min sessions in 6 weeks
7x 45min sessions in 8 weeks
10x 45min sessions in 12 weeks
15x 45min sessions in 17 weeks
- Pop Life CTV
I was a part of the panel on an episode of Pop Life CTV that aired yesterday discussing stage fright! With talented #singers Kiesza and …
- Word Speak – Register Today!
Every Tuesday, beginning January 8, “Word Speak” is a Spoken Word/Public Speaking Workshop where students (teens and adults 13+) learn easy techniques to defeat performance …
- Master Class+ – Register Today!
The Master Class Plus+ is a new and improved singing workshop! Student performers will learn to sing songs while accompanied by a professional musician (ie …
- Carolyn discusses Stage Fright @ TED Talks
When I was invited to speak at TEDx Milton I nearly passed out from shear joy! …then reality set in. I was nervous. In fact …